Free Class: An Introduction to SCIS
This webinar provides an overview of how SCIS can assist to provide a more effective library service to the school community. The following will be covered:
- The products and services included in a SCIS subscription
- How SCIS can assist school library staff with content curation and management
- How to create orders for catalogue records and book cover images
- How to order records for resources without ISBNs
- The benefits of using SCIS Authority Files
- The value of using consistent subject headings in cataloguing
- How to use the free SCIS cataloguing service
For those unable to attend the live webinar, a recording can be provided after the event.
Cancellation policy: Submission of the online booking form is considered a firm registration. Other Terms and Conditions can be found here <insert link when available.>
About the Instructors
Director of Library Services, SCIS
Rachel has worked for SCIS since 2012, and has a professional interest in content curation and advocacy. Rachel has a Bachelors of Arts degree and is currently studying a Masters in Business Administration.
Product Coordinator, SCIS
Ruilin Shi has worked for SCIS since 2014, and coordinates product training and customer service. Ruilin has previously worked as a Library Officer, holds a Bachelor of Arts degree and is fluent in English and Mandarin Chinese, and is conversational in Japanese and French.